Factors that influence vitamin D levels in the body ⬇️
1) People with old age ?should start with vitamin D supplements. Because their skin is inefficient in synthesizing it. 2) Avoid fully covering yourself with clothes. As more the exposure of skin better is vitamin D synthesis.
3) People with dark skin?? have high melanin which reduces vitamin D production.
4) For absorption of Vitamin D recommended amount of fat (oil/ghee) intake is required .
5) Greater the amount of subcutaneous fat, greater is the vitamin D requirement. Lowering of body fat, body weight lowers the requirement.
6) Timing? between 11am-3pm is better for vitamin D absorption. 7) Vitamin D formation in summers & winters of India is almost the same. According to a research study in western Indian men with dark skin, over 1 h (between 11 AM and 3 PM) of casual sunlight ?exposure of the face, forearms, and hands was required to maintain serum 25(OH)D concentrations above 50 nmol/L (normal level) .